- Family Law
- Child Support Modifications
- Contested and Uncontested Divorces
- Visitation Enforcement
Gina M. South is a powerful advocate for her family law clients, minorities, victims of child abuse and domestic abuse, and foster parents. Ms. South's legal experience includes guardianship, contested and uncontested divorces, child support modification, visitation enforcement, adoption, paternity, and wills, among others.
Relying on her passion for protecting the rights and safety of children, Ms. South has dedicated her career to children and family law. After being admitted to the Alabama Bar Association in 2008, she practiced family law in Alabama and was a member of the Volunteer Lawyers Association of Alabama, while serving as an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice for Faulkner University. For five years, Ms. South served as the State Director for the Alabama Network of Children's Advocacy Centers. During that time, she worked to expand services for child abuse victims and served on multiple state Boards, including the State of Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force, the State of Alabama Child Death Review Board, and the Alabama Children's Justice Task Force. Currently, Ms. South serves as a Board Member for the Native American Children's Alliance, and provides consulting, speaking, and training services to assist agencies and multi-disciplinary teams in providing excellent services to diverse client groups.
Ms. South received her J.D. from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, and her B.A. from Freed-Hardeman University. Ms. South was admitted to the Texas Bar Association in 2017 and has over 11 years of experience in Family Law.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- Freed-Hardeman University
- Alabama, 2008
- Texas, 2017
Classes & Seminars
- Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice for Faulkner University
- Volunteer Lawyers Association of Alabama, Member
- State Director for the Alabama Network of Children's Advocacy Centers
- Board Member for the Native American Children's Alliance
- State of Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force
- State of Alabama Child Death Review Board